Wednesday, August 1, 2007

My Sheep

Alexis Lynn asked Jesus to come into her heart; to be her Lord & Savior on July 17, 2007. This got me thinking about life and the purpose of "my" life. I did not realize the purpose of my life until I had children. After graduating high school, I immediately went to college to obtain my degree and find the purpose of my life; surely this accomplishment is what gives you your purpose. Right? WRONG! It was during my college years that I met my husband, Craig. The moment I met him, I KNEW, I was going to marry that man! (He did too....shhhhhh) From the instant we met we were inseparable; he is truly my best friend. Although past relationships did not endure, I always knew (deep, deep down) they were never meant to be! ****For, God gives us the desires of our hearts!**** Needless to say, I got hitched to the man of my dreams, I obtained my BA and a great job!!!! Surely, I must of found the purpose of my life by now....Nope, still empty! (I must mention, although I had not discovered the purpose of my life, I was still extremely happy and very much in love with Craig) Craig and I then decide to build our 1st house. Wow! Now we were new home owners. Surely, I must have purpose in my life. Still, no purpose! Eleven months after we closed on our new home, I gave birth to our 1st daughter Alexis Lynn and then again 4.5 years later Londyn Paige arrived. I found the purpose of my life in my children! This purpose, ordained by God, is to take care of my sheep. To teach them about Jesus and to raise Godly daughters who fear the Lord. The purpose of my life is to make sure my sheep, (including Craig) that their names are written in the Book of Life.

No comments: