Thursday, February 7, 2008

She Said She Was Stunning

And indeed she was....... Last night, for the first time, I french braided Alexis's hair. Since her hair is so unruly, I thought I could pull her hair back into a pony tail for school the next day, with all of those pretty, soft waves. After tugging and pulling for what seemed like an eternity (to her at least) and her telling me for the umpteenth time, "your hurting me," I was done. I told her to go to the bathroom and check out her new braid.   After being in the bathroom for quite some time, I asked her if everything was alright?  She said, "Yes, I'm just fixing my hair."  When she presented herself, she said, "Don't I Look Stunning!"  She had matted her hair down around her face and forehead with water.  A slick, matted look is what she was going for.  She does this often and usually if dad wants to just get up and go.  It takes way too long to fix it the right way.  Some people just don't have the time to wait for us girls to get ready; if you know what I mean. I thought it was so adorably cute the way she fixed up her hair a bit and thought it looked stunning.  Just knowing in a few more years it will have to be fixed just right and that will more than likely take a few hours to accomplish.  It became so real to me that she is growing up way too fast.  To top off everything, she even has her 1st loose tooth.  She is so proud of that!   Aunt Harmony, what do you think about her picture portfolio and all those poses you taught her?

5 comments:

Mommy's Little Blessings said...

How CUTE is she!! That's so sweet the way she fixed it up herself and was so proud. Cute pics. I love the french braid and have been tempted to try it on my 3 yr old, I just don't know how long she'll be still to let me.

Harmony said...

I think that Lexy is a great learner....
She remembers all those poses and is a natural at all she does...

I can't wait to teach her soo many new poses and other exciting new ideas I have for her...

oh what fun it will be...
Love, Nana Harmony

Precious Blessings said...

Simply adorable! Go Alexis :)

ENAACT Yearbook Class said...

This was so sweet. I even teared up a little. Alexis you look beautiful. You really need to teach me how to do that. ;)

Harmony said...

Christine, I agree with you...

She has made me tear up so much lately to see her at the stage
she is entering these days..

I reflect back to her age and
remember how I adored my older
sisters. And I then feel as though
it's my turn to repay my older
siblings for all the love they gave me through their children!!