Monday, August 18, 2008

Eight O'Clock Sharp

Today the alarm woke Alexis up at 8 a.m. sharp. We begin this week, rising and shining early rather than later; as we've done for the past 6 years. Our lives will be changed f-o-r-e-v-e-r as Alexis starts school next Monday. We are all geared up! We beat the "tax free" weekend rush and got all of our shopping done early. Did I mention how much fun it was shopping with my girls!? It brought back childhood memories for me as Alexis tried on all of her new clothes. She completed the new look with her new shoes and backpack. It's funny how our children show us to ourselves. I really feel like I'm OK with Alexis starting school since she attended Mother's Day Out. I find myself getting choked up at times when I allow myself to thinking about it; especially as that 1st day nears. I've done really well not to shed a tear. But, when that 1st day arrives there may be crocodile tears. We have several activities planned this week, so hopefully it will keep my mind off of it.


2 comments:

Harmony said...

Just think how many more years of this you have!!!

But it's all going to be A-O-K!!

harmony

Mommy's Little Blessings said...

I remember when Jesse first started kindergarten, I didn't cry but felt sad and then even sadder when he told me I didn't need to walk him into school anymore. When Jacob started kindergarten, I didn't cry either, but there was this emptiness with him away and I wanted so much for him to be home with me again. I still feel that way every school year so I'm not sure if it really changes. But at the same time I look forward to it being just me and Aubrie here spending one on one time together so maybe that's what you can focus on;) A new chapter