Friday, January 9, 2009

When It's Cold Outside

Before turning in each night, I make my rounds checking on my girls to make sure they are wrapped up swaddled in warm and cozy blankets; especially on those cold and frigid nights. I must say, I wake up numerous times throughout the night to make sure they are still covered and warm. My concern for Londyn is that she is too young to know how to keep herself swaddled in her blanket as she sleeps. To my surprise, I've been finding her snuggled in her blanket all the way to the bottom of her toes. Occasionally, she will awaken to give me a final kiss good night. As she plops herself back down to sleep, I've observed her reaching down, grasping her blanket and pulling it up to cover herself. This assures me that she understands the concept of keeping herself warm with this blanket of hers; although she is not even two years old yet! I would never want my girls to sleep, even one night, cold and in want of a blanket to keep themselves warm. Maybe now those frequent nightly visits to their rooms will taper off. Maybe not!

1 comment:

Harmony said...

Here's one you will like:

May my heart be your shelter and my arms your home!!

harmony