Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Milestones & Two Winter "Sleep n Plays"


Londyn is one month old and weighs 9 lbs. 7 oz. My, my, my, how time flies by when you're sleep deprived. It seems to me, when one is extremely tired, that time would go by as slow as molasses. Londyn sleeps through the night (at 2 weeks) and only gets up to feed. I'm having to get up every 3-5 hour to feed her which is preventing me from getting a restful, deep sleep during the night. Londyn is a really good baby though. When she is awake, mostly throughout the day, she is an absolute joy. She loves her cradle swing and occasionally enjoys sitting in her calming vibrations chair. She is a very strong baby who tries to stand while being burped and is gaining good control of holding her head up. Oh, did I mention that she burps like a grown man! He he he.... She is becoming more aware with each passing day and has started to respond to us by smiling.

Alexis had a hard time adjusting to someone new in our family for about the first week or so. She began to find ways to hurt herself. She caught on extremely fast that when the baby cries she is immediately picked up and attended to. I finally had to tell her, "when you get hurt, mommy doesn't want to hear about it." Suddenly it stopped just as mysteriously at it had begun. Alexis enjoys being a Big Sister and loves to do that "sweet thing" (cradling Londyn in her arms and snuggling.)

Months before our bundle of joy arrived, I received a generous amount of winter outfits that I gave away (to other expectant mothers) because Londyn was due in the month of March. Now, we all know that the month of March is more like the smoldering, hot months of May-September! NEEDLESS TO SAY, several weeks ago I met up with my elementary school friend, Esther who so generously gave me some of her 6 month old daughter, Hannah's adorable clothes. Did I mention, most of them still had tags. The overloaded bags were stuffed with several winter outfits including two sleep n plays that fit Londyn. So, Londyn was kept warm during the two winter days of April.

No comments: