Wednesday, April 18, 2007

What I Had For Breakfast

I just embarked on my new Healthy for Life challenge. This is NOT a diet. Rather, it's a lifestyle change to eat healthy for life. Since having my second child, I have quite a bit of weight to loose (30 lbs to go). I needed to loose the same amount of weight after the birth of my first daughter, Alexis Lynn. I accomplished loosing the weight by religiously working out on my elliptical trainer five miles a day, 7 days a week for two months. I don't want to slave to a work out program in order to loose the weight. Therefore, I've opted to follow Dr. Ray Strands, Healthy for Life Program. Dr. Strand is a world renowned MD and nutritional medicine doctor.
His program teaches you why diets don't work and how to develop a healthy lifestyle that has a side effect of Permanent Fat Loss. This is obtained by eating a low-glycemic diet, moderate yet consistent exercise and cellular nutrition. This is much different than the yo-yo diets of present that consists of eating a low-fat, low-caloric, high-carbohydrate diet.
Vegetable Omelet -
1 whole egg (range fed chicken eggs),
2 egg whites,
chopped vegetables (mushrooms, green & red peppers & onions)
Fruit Bowl -
fresh fruit (oranges & grapes)

No comments: