Wednesday, July 16, 2008

**UPDATE** Boy Did This HURT!

Well, I received a really nice comment from an anonymous person wanting to know if I was a journalist. He really liked the way I captured the story below and liked my style of writing; Very Direct & To The Point. It appears that Alexis's wound is healing quite nicely. Craig kept insisting it was, as he would know from all of his years playing baseball. My sis, Harmony works for a doctor and he explained the healing process. Everything he stated was exactly what was transpiring with the healing of Alexis's wound. I didn't mean for anyone to feel sorry about what happened. We all know kids will be kids and they're always proving how resilient they really are. "I" had a hard time looking at what looked liked raw hamburger meat that was oozing and all!

Alexis was letting her cousin, little John, try out her battery operated, RED Ford Mustang. She was planning on taking a ride on the back spoiler as he took a test drive. John then put the car in motion, full blast! Alexis felt the jerk and could foresee herself headed for an impending fall. On her way down, she flipped her body over on her tummy and grabbed on tightly to the back spoiler and braced herself for the ride of her life. This is the after effects of the ride or what I call road rash! I've been doctoring it for a week and I'm not quite sure it's healing correctly. I haven't seen this type of injury for many, many years. I will keep a close eye on it and we may have to visit the doctor to make sure she doesn't have an infection that needs antibiotics or something.



4 comments:

ENAACT Yearbook Class said...

Poor thing. We feel terrible. So sorry she was hurt.

Harmony said...

OMG!!!

I would think that she would be in sooo much pain...

It never hurts to take her in just to be FOR SURE its just a awful boo-boo!!!

harmony

Precious Blessings said...

Ouchie, I hope it is healing properly. I do know scabs can tend to look pretty bad before they get better.

I am sure it was an accident and just unfortunate mishap. :(

Mommy's Little Blessings said...

That really looks painful. I hope it doesn't hurt as bad as it looks. But it is scabbed over so it probably is healing well. May want to check with the Doc just to be sure. Ouuuuuchie!!