Monday, July 21, 2008

She Wasn't Invited

Alexis and I met up with her best friend, Emily Glosson on Saturday at the movie theater. Emily's mom and old sister Shelby were waiting for our arrival. As we approached and greeted them, I had suddenly forgot that Emily had an older sister named Shelby who is 7. Shelby was standing there just as sweet as can be. I asked, Lou Ann; their mom, if Shelby would like to go to the movies with us? This brought me back to a time in my childhood, remembering how I wish I could go somewhere my older sister was going. Thinking about ALL the fun my sister was going to have, but not me! Lou Ann said they were going to get lunch somewhere, but asked Shelby if she would like to go since Mrs. Amber was inviting her. She looked up at her mom with those precious eyes and a tilted chin and said, "Is it OK if I go to the movies with them?" As Shelby sat next to me in the theater enjoying the kids meal I treated them to, she looked up at me and said, "thanks for letting me come to." My heart just melted as my entire body filled with goose bumps........her heart was smiling and I could feel it!

3 comments:

Precious Blessings said...

What a sweet post! I am sure you made that precious little girls day! Thanks for sharing. :)

Mommy's Little Blessings said...

This is sweet and how happy that little girl must have felt.

Unknown said...

Shelby is a huge blessing in my life! She is one of my dancers and she is so easy to love!!!! I love Emily too - they are the cutest girls and so polite and well-mannered!
Let's get our girls together!
Love ya!