Monday, September 22, 2008

16 Years Later

During my senior year of high school, although I can't remember exactly how we met, there was a new girl in class and she was tall & blonde!Instantly we became friends. Our friendship lasted about a year and then she moved away to Mississippi; Natchez that is. We wrote each other a few times and then our lives faded and passed into the distance when I moved away and went to college; she the same. A few days ago, I did a facebook search and found her. I wasn't sure if it was her at first since her maiden name was followed my her married name. So, I sent her a message and received a message back after sixteen years with the subject line reading "Oh My Goodness"! I had often thought about her and often wondered what ever became of her and her life. We were like kindred spirits (just meaning we were close like sisters). She was a bit of a free spirit and we endured alot during our friendship. She looks exactly the same, as if time has just stood still. I do believe, that I probably look different to her than I did back then. I hope to visit her one day or at least keep up with her for the next 16+ years. This is my friend, Jenna! So glad we've connected again.


2 comments:

Mommy's Little Blessings said...

That is so cool to find long lost friends like that!

Harmony said...

You know what is funny?!?

The two of you look alike.

harmony