Monday, September 29, 2008

Londyn's "Black" Molar

The other day, as I was cuddling with Londyn on the gliding rocking chair, with her big, beautiful, white front teeth in view, it prompted me to exam her mouth to see if any new teeth were trying to poke their way through. To my surprise she was breaking two, new top molars. To my astonishment, one of the molars was black inside. I immediately thought that her tooth was decaying because of the fact that I had not realized that her molars had already made their way through. Therefore, they had not been brushed. For how long had they not been brushed was my question??? So, I laid her down and began an intensive examination, all the while, she didn't make the task very easy. After examining the molar, I really thought it had begun to abscess under the gum and was starting to decay. I remember thinking to myself, why is she not in pain? I then began to brush her molar with a tooth brush and the black was not budging. I continued to brush hoping that she had just eaten something that dark and it was just stuck in her tooth. Then it came loose. What was it you ask? An ant. Yes, my daughter must of been eating ants. I'm glad she didn't get stung....or did she?

No comments: