Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Eventful

Today was suppose to be rather uneventful other than Londyn and I were going to meet a friend for lunch. After dropping Alexis off at school (she loooooves her new school) I decided that Londyn and I would go to the park to play. She chased the squirrels and charged the birds instead. She finally discovered that she likes to slide on the slides and say "hi" to every stranger in the park. Another mom was there playing with her son and she stated that I looked very familiar. By the time we ended up leaving, I had made a new friend. Becky and her husband own the new U-Pick/We Pick Verticle Hydroponic Growing System here in town where you can go and pick your own Strawberries & Produce. I can't wait to go pick fresh produce and I can already taste the goodness over store bought any day. We connected instantly and I felt like I have known her for years. We plan on getting together to let our kids play; they are the same age. Later, after I picked Alexis up from school, we decided to stop in at one of the stores in Gruene. We had some time to kill and the girls and I were not ready to head home for the day to face homework. We went into an adorable store that was once called Lady Jane's.....I'm forgetting the new name for some reason now. They have beautiful home decor. Everything was my taste and matches the colors of my home perfectly. I took a few pieces home to see if they will work. Everything I had my eye on is 50% off. So, I think I'm going to have my dining room complete with these beautifully adorned dinner plates that add a splash of unexpected color to the room. The girls and I ended up strolling through the shops in Gruene and got caught up in buying $5 worth of fudge. We'll stay away from the fudge the next time we are in Gruene. Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings our way!

No comments: