Saturday, May 17, 2008

Running A Few Errands, Turned Into A Fun Filled Day

This past Friday, Alexis, Londyn & I left to go run a few errands since we were low on milk and a few other things. So, around 3:00 we headed to Wal-Mart. On the way, Alexis told me that she saw on a commercial about Kohls having a sale, but you had to hurry before everything is gone. I told her that we would stop in if she was on her best behavior while we were at the store. After Wal-Mart we headed to Hobby Lobby were we ran into Jennifer who was sporting an adorably cute new hair cut. Her two girls accompanied her and they were on their best behavior. I will not mention in this post how my sweet, sweet Londyn was acting. We were looking for an art portfolio but discovered they were a lot more than I wanted to pay, so I will wait til they go on sale. Next we headed to Kohls. As I was shopping I heard a girl's voice that sounded very familiar as she was taking on her cell phone. I kept hanging around so that I could ask her if her name was Whitney, but she never got off of THAT phone. So, off we went shopping! As we were heading to the toy department a woman popped out right in front of me saying (I forgot what she was saying) but it was our old family friends Gwen and her daughter Whitney. We had a blast catching up right there in the store. As we went on our way shopping we agreed to call each other when we were done so that I could check out using their extra 30% off coupon. After checking out we all decided to go eat at Los Cucos where Gene (Gwen's husband) was already waiting. After dinner they took Alexis to their house as I headed home to unload milk and head right over to their house, until my delirious Londyn decided to take a nap. Needless to say, Craig was at another one of our old neighbor's house and on his way out stopped in and picked up Alexis to bring her home. I couldn't believe she "wanted" to spend the night at the Burnell's. It was a day filled with the unexpected and it was so much fun.

1 comment:

Harmony said...

WOW!!!
that was a very eventfully day, huh...it's nice to have friends that share their coupons with you and their love...

I know that Lexy had a WONDERFUL time...
it's nice to have good people to rely on even when you werent expecting it!

harmony