Thursday, May 15, 2008

Saddened

My friend shared with me the other day about a little girl, who's about 7, with the thoughts of killing herself. The first thing that came to my mind is, that it starts/begins at home! Craig and I try to edify our children each and everyday as much as we possibly can.

Each night before my girls go to bed, this is what I whisper to them,

"You're special
you're precious
you're a gift from God.
Mommy loves you
daddy loves you
sister loves you
and Jesus loves you
with all of our hearts.
You have a special purpose in life
you will have
peaceful dreams
a peaceful mind
and peaceful sleep...
in JESUS name!
And you are a beautiful SNOWFLAKE......AMEN
(everyone should know the story of the snowflake,
if you don't click on the word snowflake to find out)

My little Londyn doesn't quite know exactly what I'm saying, but as she stares up at me with wide eyes and with that precious trusting glance, it's all worth it. Alexis on the other hand does understands, and as she lays there about to doze off to sleep, her breathing gets a little heavier and the corners of her mouth turn upward.....Her Heart Is Smiling! Just tending to my sheep.

2 comments:

Harmony said...

I FEEL SADDENED AS WELL...

but you are a WONDERFUL mom and your sheep are SNOWFLAKES!!

harmony

Precious Blessings said...

I hope that little girl finds Jesus. Thanks for sharing that.

Also, love your prayer you pray with your little girls. So sweet!