Wednesday, March 12, 2008

One BIG Obsession

Recently, I showed Alexis a golf ball with a Nike emblem on it. I explained it was called the Nike sign. While we were at the store one day, she tugged on my shirt and whispered, "mama, look that man has a Nike sign on his shoes." Ever since then, she has had an obsession with NIKE shoes and all things Nike. Soon thereafter, we bought her a pair of Nike shoes at the outlet mall. Two days later she attended a birthday party and they were stolen or accidentally taken home by another kid. Being shoeless, we went that night again to the Nike Store. Of course, when we got there she did not want the traditional white/pink/blue trimmed shoes that were stolen. She fixed her eyes on the white/black/pink trimmed shoes. She would not hear of having anything else. Several times, she even made a trip to the mirror on the wall to check them out. As I was insisting that she get the more traditional shoes, a couple came around the corner and said, "OH!, she's so cute....she's mad." I told them that I wanted her to get the pink/blue shoes and they said, "We know, we kept hearing you tell her that and she kept saying no". Off they went laughing. Here are the shoes she went home with. She absolutely loves them. We have definitely gotten our moneys worth, since she is so obsessed. Are we starting this way too young? Just asking.





2 comments:

Precious Blessings said...

Young with good taste I guess! :)
Sounds like she knows what she wants when she wants it! Our Little Princess is the SAME way!! Just wait till they get bigger, UGH!!

ENAACT Yearbook Class said...

I loved anything and everything that had the "Guess" symbol on it when I was in middle school. I the shoes, paints, belts, bags, shirts, and even the perfume. I eventually grew out of it and as you know I pretty much wear anything that I can get for a "steal". But I have to agree these are very hip and sassy shoes. Great choice and cute post!;)