Friday, March 28, 2008

He Said, "I've Been In This Business For Over 20 Years",,,,,So I Listened & Heeded His Advise

Recently my steam carpet cleaner went KiiiirrrrrPLUNK! In order to purchase a new one without having to sacrifise the power of the one that broke, I would have to shell out at least $156 - $199. This is the lesson: When your steamer or vacuum BREAKS don't buy a new one. Just take it to the vacuum repair shop (Yes they are still around!)and they will fix it for just a fraction of the cost. I assumed my steamer was broke but, it was just clogged and they said something about the heating belt. In exchange for $54.06, I got my old steamer back with all the power and I DIDN'T have to buy a new one. The repair man told me that people don't give up on their vacuum cleaners.......there were models at the repair store that looked like they were from the 70's. Yep! They were being repaired.

P.S. If your upright vacuum spits junk back out onto your HARD FLOORS, you should be using a canister vacuum instead! I learned a lot when I made a visit to the repair shop. I have my eye on a canister vacuum in that very store, unless I shop around and find a better deal somewhere else. Ohhhhh....Don't buy your next vacuum at Target. They are at least, $5-$20 more for the exact same models available at Wal-Mart.

3 comments:

Precious Blessings said...

Thanks for sharing, definatley good info to know! You should see my what use to be beige carpet, talk about nasty dirty. We are looking at getting a steamer. Any suggestions?

ENAACT Yearbook Class said...

I'm so glad you have your good ol' steamer back. Happy cleaning (:0>
Do you like my unibrow smiley face.

Stephanie said...

Dyson. That is all I am going to say.