Wednesday, March 26, 2008

'This Time It DIDN"T Take Five Days'

I took the bottle way from Alexis when she was a little over one year of age. When I gave her, her new "Sippy Cup" she refused to pick it up and drink from it. So, in order for her to get plenty of liquids I would water down her cereal with lots of milk. It was really soupy cereal. I called the doctor daily to let her know she still had not taken a drink yet. She advised me not to give in and that she WOULD pick the cup up and drink. The fifth day is the day that she decided she was dying of thirst. I can vividly remember her walking over to the cup, which sat on the floor in the very same spot, picked it up and drank. She got even more attached to the cuppy than she did to the bottle.

Little Miss Londyn Paige has been introduced to a sippy cup since six months of age; something I did not do with my first child. TODAY!!! I decided to take the bottle away cold turkey! It's amazing how each child can be so different. Londyn is not phased by the new transition. I'm glad it was easier the second time around.

2 comments:

ENAACT Yearbook Class said...

I'm so glad it was easy. Good work Mom! ;0)

Mommy's Little Blessings said...

Very cool! We learn something new with each one as we go along.