Tuesday, April 15, 2008

I'm So Blue, I Don't Know What To Do

Look at those beautiful Blue eyes........

Now go back and look at her chin.


Did you see that? Did you see the blood splattered on her shirt? My poor baby girl fell into the hinges of a door that we have in our garage. All of our doors are currently off of their hinges and vertically stacked, one upon another, since we began a tiny renovation to our home nearly three weeks ago. I kept telling my mom that I didn't think they were safe all stacked up like that. Today, as I was unloading groceries from my car, Alexis and Londyn were entertaining themselves by pretending they were riding on their new go-cart. As Londyn was trying to stand near the side of the cart, she lost her balance and fell into the door hinges. At first, I didn't think she was hurt too badly. As I lifted her head off of my shoulder to see if I could see a red spot surfacing; on her forehead.....

I saw my shoulder covered in blood.



I quickly began to look her over and discovered she had scraped the underneath side of her chin from one end to the other and "hole punched" the very tip of her chin. It looked like the punched skin was hanging by a thread. She busted her upper gums up pretty good too. I headed immediately to the Texas Med Clinic (instead of going to the ER; to be seen quicker) and the doctor fixed her right up. She got some liquid stitches and antibiotic ointment. Her wound looks pretty nasty in person. The pics don't look too, too bad.


I'm the one who is blue you know!


Children are so resilient.


3 comments:

Harmony said...

poor little thing...

Still the cutest blue eyed girl out there!!!

Precious Blessings said...

OWWW! It hurts me to even look at it , poor baby girl. Glad she is ok and it was not worse.

I agree, such beautiful BIG blue eyes!! Reminds me of my Freckles. :)

ENAACT Yearbook Class said...

What a little cutie, even when wounded. Bless her sweet little heart.